Do like to keep people organized? Are you skilled with managing various calendars and like to coordinate events and meetings? Do you have experience tracking expenses? If so, we are very interested in connecting!
The Indigenous Caucus (the Caucus) of the Line 3 Indigenous Advisory and Monitoring Committee (Line 3 IAMC) seeks administrative support for the work on member time and honoraria, travel planning, event support, meeting support, and communications. The candidate must have an appreciation for the diversity of Indigenous perspectives in natural resource development, communicate clearly, and manage competing priorities and timelines while working with a group of diverse and very busy committee members.
The Administrative Assistant will work as part of the new Caucus support team – alongside the Indigenous Caucus Project Coordinator. This team will work closely with the Caucus, the Line 3 IAMC Secretariat, and others to advance shared goals of safety, protection of the environment, and respect for Indigenous rights and interests as they relate to the Enbridge Line 3 Pipeline corridor.
Who We Are
The Line 3 Indigenous Advisory and Monitoring Committee (Line 3 IAMC of Committee) brings together Indigenous and federal government representatives to monitor the pipeline project and provide advice to federal regulators. The Committee is comprised of the Indigenous Caucus, one senior representative from the federal government -Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and a senior representative from the Canada Energy Regulator (CER).
The Caucus is comprised of 14 Indigenous members from Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba who are selected by impacted Nations along the Line 3 pipeline corridor.
To learn more about the Line 3 IAMC, visit http://www.iamc-line3.com
Responsibilities of the Administration Assistant
- Work closely with the Caucus Project Coordinator to successfully meet the needs of the Line 3 IAMC Caucus members
- Coordinate availability of members and work with the IAMC Secretariat to schedule meetings and events
- Assist with preparation and circulation of meeting materials including note taking and tracking decisions
- Track member honoraria and expense and ensure renumeration of their claims
- Attending Line 3 IAMC meetings and track attendance
- Work closely with the Line 3 IAMC Secretariat to ensure that administrative functions of the Line 3 IAMC Indigenous Caucus are maintained
- Other duties as assigned.
This full-time position will report to the Caucus via the Project Coordinator. The Administrator will be able to work remotely. This position is a term position until March 31, 2024, with the possibility of an extension.
The Caucus is seeking a candidate who meets the following requirements:
Administrative Assistant Experience:
- Working directly with First Nations and Indigenous communities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and/or Manitoba in ways that respect traditional worldviews and protocols.
- Providing support including managing multiple calendars and tracking time for others.
- Regular use of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Effectively manage issues, communications, and media relations in a fast-paced, high-profile environment, would be considered an asset.
- Managing budgets, employees, and/or contracted resources would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Nations in AB, SK, and MB
- Completion of post-secondary education (bachelor’s level) in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and training acceptable to the Caucus.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly within AB, SK, and MB.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to express their interest to the Caucus. An expression of interest must include:
- Application Letter. The letter should describe:
- Your understanding of the Line 3 IAMC, its goals, objectives, and guiding principles.
- Why you are interested in serving the Caucus; and
- What you offer the Caucus, highlighting relevant experience, knowledge, and competencies.
- Complete Resume. The resume must include your past employment history and education or training.
- Partner Experience, if applicable. If you work as part of a firm or with partners, provide a description of the experience and capacity of any other resources available to the Caucus via this relationship.
- Disclosure of past work experience on Line 3. You are asked to disclose past work experience (direct and indirect) on the Line 3 Pipeline replacement project with Enbridge, and/or its contractors, as well as past work with the Line 3 IAMC including work with or on the committee, or as a previous Contribution Agreement holder.
- Compensation. The range of compensation is between $45,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience.
Please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 20, 2023. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Leave a Comment